Marketing & Events Coordinator
Position Title: Marketing and Events Coordinator
Status: Part-time, salaried
Reports to: Executive Director
The Marketing and Events Coordinator is responsible for planning and overseeing special events and promotions of the Champaign Center Partnership, a nonprofit business membership and community organization. Additionally, the coordinator develops marketing materials for print, digital and social media to promote the organization’s mission and market member businesses. This is a demanding and diverse role that includes a mix of project management, administrative tasks and creative work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate, manage and attend all major special events, fundraisers and promotions including the annual Parade of Lights and 13 Thursdays Campustown promotion
- Coordinate event staffing including volunteer recruitment, orientation and training
- Attend and facilitate, as appropriate, meetings of event-specific committees
- Update and implement event marketing plans and calendars
- Develop and update content on the Champaign Center Partnership website, e-newsletter and social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others
- Write and disseminate press releases to media contacts
- Conduct post-event and marketing analysis and generate timely written progress reports to the board of directors and executive director
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, illustration, advertising, or public relations preferred
- 1-2 years experience in an external-facing role (communications, community outreach, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Accountability and autonomy in decision-making
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Executive Director, the board of directors and volunteers
- Able to work well under pressure and represent the organization and its mission well
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, social media, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress.
- Experience with graphic design and photography is essential
Salary/Hours: This position is part-time (20 hr/week). The starting salary at $20,000/year plus $3,000/year healthcare stipend, 9 paid holidays, accrued paid time off, and with funds available for professional development. Schedule and hours can be flexible and set with the approval of the Executive Director. Remote work is not preferred. This position may require some hours to be worked in the evenings and on weekends.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter and the names and contact information of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on August 30, 2021.
Champaign Center Partnership is an equal opportunity employer.