Community Support Specialist
Community Choices is a nonprofit human service cooperative. Our mission is to partner with people with disabilities in Champaign County in their pursuit of independence, opportunity, and choice by offering quality, self-directed supports and services.
Job Summary: Community Choices is seeking a full-time Community Support Specialist to work with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to manage and sustain their lives in the community. The Community Support Specialist is a Case Management position responsible for working with the Inclusive Community Support team, providing support for participants’ public benefit coordination, and locating affordable housing and local resources.
Read more: https://champaigncenter.com/employment/community-support-specialist/
We are seeking a qualified person for a skilled position on our line. This person would receive direction from our executive chef. The position is sauté/pantry, the work is hard, and the expectations are high. You must be ready to learn, move efficiently, and remain focused at all times. You must have basic knife skills, know basic measurements and culinary terminology. Our chef is eager to teach the right candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
• 8 hour shift
• Night shift
Masks required at all times, sanitizer stations are in play throughout kitchen and distancing when possible.
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Cooking: 3 years (Preferred)
• English (Preferred)
• Food Handler Certification (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
• Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
• Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
• Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
• People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
• Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
• A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
• Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
• Hamilton Walker's
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place