Welcome to the 20th Annual Parade of Lights! The holiday season will look differently this years because the Parade of Lights will be VIRTUAL. This beloved community event will feature traditional lighted floats miniaturized to the size of a SHOEBOX followed by three weeks of safe holiday festivities in Champaign’s downtown, midtown, and campustown.
The shoebox parade will be recorded and released on Small Business Saturday (Nov. 28) so families can watch from home. The following weekends will feature safe and fun activities in Champaign’s center neighborhoods like the small business scavenger hunt, holiday sales at local shops, window displays, and horse & carriage rides.
On this page you will find all the information about this years Parade of Lights and Hometown Holiday Shop & Stroll.
Businesses, organizations, clubs and civic groups are encouraged to sign up to enter the parade. Space is limited to 60 floats. Entry of floats is $10 for businesses and organizations registered and paid by October 30, 2020. Parade entry is free for CCP members.
Float Entry Form
- Please note that no Santas are allowed on your entry as this role is reserved for the one and only Santa Claus who appears at the end of the parade. Thank you!
- Only one float per business or organization!
- Entry submissions must have be kept within the following dimension: 16 inches long x 12 inches wide x 12 inches tall.
- Entries must also have a lighted component to the float.
- Once again the Parade will be recorded in a studio in early November and released on Nov. 28.
- Entry forms and payment MUST be submitted by Oct. 30 to be included in the line-up.
Get to work now! Registered floats are due to the CCP office the week of November 2-6, 8 am to 5 pm (floats will be recorded on November 12). Our office is located at 301 N Neil St, Ste 400, in downtown Champaign. Send photos of your float team to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on social media @ChampaignCenter so we can share it!
Check us out in the news
The holiday season will look differently with the Parade of Lights moving online. This beloved community event will feature the traditional lighted floats miniaturized to the size of a shoebox! Click below to see a packet containing sponsorship opportunities as well as a listing of sponsor benefits at various levels. All sponsors will have their float entry fee waived, should you wish to enter the parade this year, and sponsor recognition will be provided below.
Your contribution will support the Champaign Center Partnership, a 501(c)6 nonprofit organization that coordinates this event each year and supports small businesses in downtown, midtown, and campustown.
Schedule of Events
Shop & Stroll