YOUR TASTE TOUR BEGINS HERE
Sip, stroll and shop your way through downtown at the third annual Wine Walk on Saturday, April 8, 4 – 7 pm presented by Royse + Brinkmeyer Apartments and organized by the Champaign Center Partnership with support from Old National Bank!
Ticket includes 1-oz wine tastings of 15 different wines offered at 13 indoor locations in downtown Champaign. All wines sampled during the event will be available for purchase by the glass or bottle (including carry-out) at Big Grove Tavern, The Literary, and Ladro Enoteca while supplies last. Participants must be 21+ to participate, valid photo ID required. Click here to purchase tickets.
Interested in volunteering during the event? Sign up by clicking this link to our form.
Frequently ASKED QUESTIONS
The event is on Saturday, April 8, 2023. The event starts at 4 pm. Ticket-holders can check-in from 4 to 5:30 pm. The event ends at 7 pm.
Ticket-holders can check-in at the Inman located at 17 E University Avenue in downtown Champaign. Wine tastings will occur at 13 different locations around downtown.
Ticket-holders will receive their tickets via email after it is purchased. Attendee check-in will occur at the Inman Place located at 17 E University Avenue on April 8 between 4 and 5:30 pm. At check-in, event staff will inspect your ticket and valid ID. Ticket-holders will receive a wine walk map and guide, a bracelet, and a reusable plastic tasting cup. After that, you can visit any and all tasting locations until 7 pm.
All public street-level meters and parking lots and the parking deck is FREE on Saturday. Here is a list of parking locations:
No. Tickets are only available for advance purchase because there is a limited number of wine available during the event.
No. Acceptable ID’s include the following:
- A valid current driver’s license or photo ID card issued by the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office or any other State
- Avalid Armed Forces ID
- A valid U.S. passport or foreign passport (with U.S. travel visa) containing the holder’s photograph.
We will feature 15 different wines, a mix of whites and red from around the world including some from the US. We will announce the complete list of wines closer to the event date.
No. All wine tastings must be consumed on premises at the participating tasting locations.
Yes! All wines sampled during the event will be available for purchase by the glass or the bottle (including carry-out) at the Literary, Big Grove Tavern, and Ladro Enoteca in downtown Champaign. Our informative wine walk guide will explain what wines will be available for purchase at these three businesses.
No. All wine tastings occur inside but in different locations. Be prepared to bring umbrellas or rain jackets if it rains because you will have to walk outside to different locations. We will not cancel unless there is a major act of God.
- Burgans Albarino (Spain). Taste and purchase at The Literary.
- Earth Garden Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand). Taste at Circles Boutique. For sale at Big Grove Tavern
- Francois Motand Brut (France). Taste at Fire Doll Studio. For sale at Big Grove Tavern.
- Kuenz Bas Alsace Blanc (France). Taste at Furniture Lounge. For sale at Ladro Enoteca.
- Morgante Bianco di Morgante (Italy). Taste at Golden Weather Goods. For sale at Ladro Enoteca.
- Root 1 Sauvignon Blanc (Chile). Taste at 520 N Neil. For sale at The Literary.
- Zardetto Rose Prosecco, 2020 (Italy). Taste at Planted. For sale at The Literary.
- F Bomb Red Blend, 2019 (USA). Taste at Planted. For sale at The Literary.
- Juggernaut Pinot Noir (USA). Taste at Ten Thousand Villages. For sale at The Literary.
- King Estate Inscription Pinot Noir (USA). Taste and purchase at Big Grove Tavern.
- Lini 910 Labrusca Rosso NV, Emilia-Romagna (Italy). Taste at Live Action Games. For sale at Ladro Enoteca.
- Nicosia Nerello de Mascalese DOC Sicilia, 2021 (Italy). Taste and purchase at Ladro Enoteca.
- Pesquie Les Terrasses Rose (France). Taste at Jane Addams Book Shop. For sale at Ladro Enoteca.
- Smith & Hook Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Paso Robles (USA). Taste at The Inman. For sale at Big Grove Tavern.
- Tres Picos Garnacha (Spain). Taste at Fire Doll Studio. For sale at Big Grove Tavern.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT TASTING LOCATIONS UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVED CHECK IN WITH VALID ID AND TICKET AT THE INMAN (17 E UNIVERSITY AVE) ON APRIL 8, 2023, BETWEEN 4:00 AND 5:30 PM.