Lead the Champaign Center Partnership (CCP), the nonprofit membership-based business organization that fosters a vibrant, inviting and active core in Champaign’s Downtown, Midtown and Campustown districts by strengthening business and building community.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for staff, volunteers, programs, events and execution of its mission. This highly visible role is responsible for overseeing and implementing the organization’s strategic plan and overall work plan. The Executive Director is the lead in fundraising for the organization, soliciting and stewarding over 150 business members and event sponsors, while developing new opportunities for revenue in line with mission and values. The position is full-time, exempt.
Leadership & Representation
- Develop and build strong community relationships with a broad array of stakeholders including business members, community partners, public officials and media sponsors
- Set monthly board meeting agenda in collaboration with the board chair, attend meetings and provide regular reports, tracking progress towards work plan goals
- Oversee all communications, financial and administrative managements, and develop effective systems to track progress and growth
- Oversee and coordinate membership, nominating, and finance committees and task forces
- Oversee planning, organization and handling of all events and event committees, as coordinated by the Marketing and Events Coordinator including Parade of Lights, StreetFest, Wine Walk and others
- Carry out the Champaign Center Agreement, providing regular reports, work plans and presentations to the City of Champaign, assuring adequate levels of funding and participation
- Recruit and oversee volunteers and interns for various community events, committees and ongoing social media and communications
Fundraising & Partnership Building
- Lead and manage fundraising for the organization by recruiting local businesses for membership, sponsorship and financial support
- Represent the organization and its mission at community outreach events, public-facing meetings and media channels, with a focus on increasing organizational credibility and visibility
- Develop educational and training opportunities for membership designed to enhance the overall business climate of Champaign Center
- Maintain regular communication (email, social media, in-person) with member businesses, addressing needs as they arise and assisting with problem-solving
- Cultivate an environment that fosters creativity and promotes collaboration between businesses
- Develop and strengthen partnerships that expand the presence of CCP in the community and offer opportunities for future service delivery
Management & Financial Administration
- Administer day-to-day operations of the CCP office
- Oversee financial management of the organization, providing timely expense and income documentation to the contract accountant
- Draft and manage organizational budget of $220,000/year
- Invoice members and sponsors, and follow up on accounts receivable
- Supervise the Marketing and Events Coordinator
- Recruit, orient and manage interns and volunteers
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management, communications or a related field
- Two to five years of work experience in one or more areas: marketing, business management, communications, public relations, planning, advertising, retailing, volunteer or nonprofit administration, small business development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable and effective at public speaking
- Effective at volunteer recruitment and management, including cultivating existing board member relationships
- Ability to coach staff, manage and develop high performance teams
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with local government, community leaders and the general public
- Creative, energetic and entrepreneurial; mission-driven mindset
- Well-organized and effective at multitasking
- Self-starter capable of functioning effectively in a very independent situation
- Familiarity with Champaign Center districts and business contacts therein is helpful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Neon CRM, Mail Chimp, WordPress, social media platforms and QuickBooks
Starting salary range $50,000-$60,000 annually. Single coverage health care reimbursement, 3% employer contribution to a Simple IRA, cellphone reimbursement, 18-26 days of paid time off, and nine paid holidays.
This is a full-time position, with regular office hours 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday. Flexible schedule to accommodate periodic events and meetings on nights and weekends.
Submit cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references by 5pm on Monday, December 11, 2023 to: search (at) champaigncenter.com with subject line to read CCP JOB SEARCH.